Teacher Professional Development
"We got some good responses from staff about our latest teacherprofessional development workshop. Two actually called and said that they really got some good information out of it....very unusual ;-) I thought that it was very useful....I have never seen a trainer give instant feedback to the staff the way that you did. I thought that that piece was unique and on really target for front line staff. It was interesting to see who stepped up as leaders in the group...very telling. I was impressed with the participation that you were able to get from the group! I liked your hands on approach.... can't wait to have you back!"
Kathleen A. Mueller, School Age Child Care Coordinator, Kingston Elementary SACC Office
Participants will be introduced to a movement system that incorporates age appropriate martial arts and yoga while teaching essential life skills like respect and belly breathing.
The Yogarate® class begins with high energy body strength building and respect-filled martial arts, then flows smoothly into yoga with a few sun salutations followed by an age appropriate calming meditation.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to teach a full 30 minute Yogarate® class.
- Walk through a sun salutation combining movements and identify different types of deep breathing for different situations.
- Develop the skills to teach two self defense martial arts techniques through a four step process
- Examine a new method of communicating aligned with the human body design for maximum understanding from child or adult
Director of the Ship
Being a director/principal means wearing many hats. Whether you are accommodating a parent or guiding a teacher, having flexibility and the ability to lead by example allows for greater success. Imagine learning a different way of speaking to successfully communicate with parents, teachers and students effectively.
- How to eliminate certain phrases and words to achieve a successful solution to a problem
- How to handle challenging parents & staff effectively and calmly
- Leading with kindness vs commands
- 3 breathing techniques to increase energy or calm oneself immediately
- How to train children (and adults) to follow instructions without resistance
- How to entice staff to be prepared to contribute in staff meetings
- How to delegate responsibilities to grow and inspire staff to improve teacher retention and discover future leaders from within
Take Your Power Back!
This workshop has received the highest praises from the educational world as being revolutionary and thought provoking in teaching effective behavior management strategies.
Your staff will:
- Learn how to quickly stop negative behaviors before they happen
- Become aware of the ways that we mis-communicate to children
- Learn 3 techniques to get their children to choose to follow instructions
- Walk away empowered and excited to get to their classrooms
THE (Team Heart Experience) workshop
This team building, mind awaking workshop is called THE (Team Heart Experience) workshop. Creating a vision for teachers themselves that aligns with the school is essential. Participants laugh while engaging in thought-provoking exercises, games and conversations that expose them to life-affirming experiences and concepts centered on getting to the root of the challenges within their school and classroom. Participants leave more connected and committed to their entire team’s success as if it was their own.
Breaking the Bullying Circle
(Effective Bullying Solutions)
This program is only for schools that are truly looking to learn how to stop bullying entirely. This program stops bullying by training educators to:
- Recognize the signs of bullying before they become worse
- Teach their students effective techniques to avoid being bullied
- Be powerful and responsible and have a cleaning up conversation when they accidentally and unknowingly create a victim who will eventually turn into a bully
An adult bullies a child accidentally -> child feels diminished and a loss of power is created -> child leaves classroom feeling weak -> child looks for a way to get power back -> victim becomes bully.
The adult has the power to stop this before their child leaves their classroom and becomes a bully. It's time to admit the truth. Some adults accidentally bully a child. Now is the opportunity to be responsible, powerful and brave. Take action. Call or email now.
Effective Game Transitioning
This workshop is designed for teachers, physical educators, camp and afterschool counselors who organize and run physical programs that are required to keep children engaged through a long period of time. This workshop will:
- Show how to plan ahead activities for fluidity and effective teaching
- Be able to change from one activity to another with the least amount of down time as possible
- Reinforce how to explain and conduct fun engaging activities all while keeping the children focused on them 100% of the time
- Explore an effective and easily applicable behavior management system that will assist in the teaching and learning of their students
Body & Mind
(Health & Wellness)
Teachers love the results and the way they feel after this workshop is over. Ron does this by showing them how to:
- Strengthen their bodies
- Relieve pain that could affect their teaching
- Walk into a school environment with a calm mind while leaving negativity behind
- Avoid reacting to various high-stress situations
- Meditate for 5 minutes to improve their alertness and effectiveness throughout the day